Crispy quinoa burger
ارسل هذا الخبر الى صديقك
Looking for a new meatless meal? These simple little burgers are the perfect addition to your menu plan! They are packed full of flavor and nutrition. Have you given quinoa a chance yet? While it looks like a grain it’s actually a seed! Plus it’s jam packed full of protein (as much as an egg!) and a perfect substution for meat.
Quinoa burger recipe
Adapted from: How Sweet It Is
Yields 12 sliders (depending on bun size)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup grated chipotle cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated or finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup canned black beans, chopped
- 1/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder (this can be substituted for regular if you want it less spicy)
- 12 slider buns
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup sriracha mayonnaise
- Rince quinoa and add to pot with vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, cover and let simmer for about 15 minutes. It will be done when it’s fluffy when tested with a fork. Let quinoa cool and set aside.
- In a large bowl add in cheese, carrots, green onions, garlic and black beans. Give it a toss and then add in panko and combine. Once the quinoa is cooled, add it to the bowl and give it a quick toss. Add beaten eggs, salt, pepper and chipotle chili powder. Mix together until well combined. (We find our hands work best for this job.)
- Depending on your slider bun size, press together patties to fit your bun. You really have to squeeze all that goodness together in order for it to form tightly. Once all patties have been formed started heating your oil.
- In a large skillet heat about 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil. Let it get hot and then add in about 6 patties (depending on size) and cook till crispy on one side and then flip. Add to a plate and continue cooking the rest of your patties, adding more oil to pan if needed.
- Add quinoa burgers to your buns and top with sliced avocado and sriracha mayonnaise.
Sriracha mayonnaise recipe
Yields 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2-4 tablespoons Sriracha sauce (depending on desired heat level)
- Add together and mix well.
More meatless recipes
Baked falafel recipe
White bean and corn chili recipe
Quinoa and cranberry salad recipe